Questions we get asked

Plus a couple we thought of.

Q: My friend / fiancé / Mother / wedding planner says I have to have x,y,z in the wedding or it's not official. What do I need?

A: You need a valid marriage licence from the State you are to be married in, the couple and a officiant legally able to perform the service. That's it. Everything else is just personal taste. 

Q: If I have a different style wedding, is it still legal?

A: As long as the officiant can perform a legal wedding in your state, the wedding is legal no matter how the service goes. 

Q: We want our kids / relatives / dogs involved in the wedding ceremony. Can we do that?

A: There are many roles for readers and the like in ceremonies. It's your day, we'll do it your way and make it work.

Q: How much do you charge?

A: It all depends on what's involved. We try to be the most affordable and work with your budget. Things like travel, costumes, and some activities will cost extra. 

Q: Do you charge extra for a rehearsal? 

A: Usually no. However if it's a distant location, we do charge for a hotel room. If you can provide a hotel room (for example if you are getting a group rate) there is no extra charge. 

Q: How much advance notice do you need in order to book a wedding?

A: Obviously the more notice, the better to make sure the day is not booked. However, if we have a open day -we can accept a last minute booking

Q: Will my wedding licence from my state work in another?

A: Some will. some won't. Here's a great list of state marriage laws. http://www.usmarriagelaws.com/

Q: How long is the ceremony?

A: It depends on the ceremony, it can be as long or as short as you want.

Q:What does the officiant wear?

A: We try to match the clothes to the event. Unless it's a themed ceremony, a suit and tie is standard.

Q: How much is the deposit?

A: 50% in advance for the booking, the balance payable the day of the event.

Q: Can I write my own wedding vows?

A: Of course, that's what we are all about. Doing it your way.

 Q: What forms of payment do you accept?

A: A check or credit card for the deposit and cash, check or credit for the balance. 

Q:Do you offer other wedding-related services such as flower, photography, or chair rentals?

A: We do provide photography for very small weddings, other than that we stick to what we do best, officiating.

Q:How do I obtain a copy of my marriage license after you marry us?

A: We will provide you with a beautiful certificate for framing the day of the event. Then we will file the marriage license with the appropriate office. They will mail you the legal certificate within a few weeks.

Q: Does my officiant stay for the reception?

A: That is up to you. We would be happy to stay and help you celebrate your big day or be just as happy leaving quietly and letting you engoy the celebration with your friends and family. 

Q: Is it customary to tip the officiant?

A: Never expected, but always appreciated. 

Q: Do you have a location in which you perform ceremonies?

A: We do have a location for very small weddings for local couples. Complete with kitchen facilities for a small reception.  

Q: Will you perform ceremonies for same-sex couples?

A: Absolutely. If the State does not allow same-sex weddings we have to do a commitment ceremony.

 Q: Can meet with my officiant in person. Where do we meet?

A: We can meet at your location or a half way point for longer distances. We would be happy to meet with you before hand